Young Director Application - 2019 Spring Season
Firebird Youth Theater prides itself upon being a leadership opportunity for young people in the arts. Firebird's Young Director will be chosen annually to direct the Spring production of their own design. The Young Director will work under the mentorship of Founder and Artistic Director of The Firebird Project, Leo Lion, and be responsible for designing and crafting the production, conducting the rehearsal process, and fulfilling their artistic vision of the show.
To be a Young Director, you must:
- Be between the ages of 13 and 18 for the duration of the Spring season.
- Have a passion for the performing arts and a desire to develop your work into a professional production.
- Be prepared to pitch a concept for the Spring show to the Firebird Team.
- Have a working understanding of the craft of theater.
- Be ready for a lot of hard and rewarding work!
The season's Young Director will be selected based on:
- Demonstrated ability/aptitude in leadership roles.
- Strength and clarity of personal vision.
- Uniqueness/originality of pitched production.
We want to provide an opportunity for aspiring young directors to get their work off the ground, and look forward to this very exciting process!